Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Has anyone who said that the new Illinois smoking ban would make them quit actually quit smoking

I'm going with no.

Not one.

Here is what someone has to say about what changes will happen

I have pontificated plenty to my friends who don't care about what I think about the ban and may have actually written about it here but it is 4am as I write this and I ain't going to look.

I hate smoking. With a passion. Hotter than a thousand suns. But I also have a brain. And this brain tells me that letting the government infringe on people's choices, no matter how stupid, is BAD FUCKING NEWS!

Don't give me the it protects bar and restaurant employees. They choose to work in these establishments if they don't like it get a real job.

I like to drink. And I like to drink in bars. Most of which are smoky. If you say out long enough to make it to the four o'clock bars they are real smoky. Price of doing business. I expect to smell like an ashtray the next day. If all goes well I will be pulling on my shirt in some beautifully exotic woman's apartment the next morning thinking "God I smell bad, what a great night"

So tell the government to stay the fuck out of my social life. Next thing you know they will institute a 4 drink maximum at all bars and restaurants. The only thing that will accomplish is getting guys like me to consume a 1/2 bottle plus of SoCo before even leaving the house. That'll produce some fun results believe you me.

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

No comments: