Thursday, March 18, 2010

To make a short story long...

I study SCRABBLE words. Because, at times, I'm a dork. And I have a love for words and language, all languages, always have. Today I was studying 7 letter words that contain 5 vowels. And came across ABOULIA. Aboulia is the lack of will power. It is now the official word of the day and one of my favorite words of all time. For many reasons, but especially because I am currently, as always complete aboullic. My friends will attest to this. It is quite well known that I have the world's most twistable arm.

I worked night shift last night, finishing up about 7:30am, then working out, then signing up for some crazy fitness challenge at work, then studying insane words, then finally getting to bed about 10:30 and falling asleep around 11ish. Then woke up at 3:30, late to pick up my daughter, Monkey.

Will skip the Monkey part for now. I dropped her off about 7:30pm and headed home with the only thought of being in bed by 9pm as I have to be at work again at 7am. But the gods conspire against me, and as I am in my car driving home dream of sleep my phone rings. It is Horsecock. One of my good friends who is also quite possibly the devil himself. Hanging out with horsecock is always an adventure, but rarely wise. I answer the phone, "I swear you have the ability to know when I am weak. You are the ultimate predator, able to sense when someone is weak and susceptible to attack". "So, I take it you are weak?" I am always weak. But today especially, although I am tired, which makes my arm more twistable, I am also bored with life. You can almost hear the twisting. Of course Horsecock has a sweet at one of the hipper hotels in Chicago, comped by work naturally, on one of the warmest days of the year so far. And this hotel just happens to have a bar on the roof. Oh, my poor arm.

So I am off to my doom, with a smile on my face. I took time to write this because it was easier than sending a text to those who need to know. You know who you are. Call me at 5:45 and yell at me to get into my car. Once I find it of course.

Good night and good luck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

a sweet or a suite? or even a sweet suite???

David said...

You caught me. I was typing fast and apparently my fingers and brain had a difference of opinion on spelling. As it turns out the room was indeed sweet but a not a suite. Was too rushed to proofread. And now too tired too post.

Mike said...

Hi David,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,
Mike Thomas