Sunday, March 30, 2008

Motivation

Don't you wish you could buy that on e-bay? I know I do.

I saw the movie "21" today. It was ok. I'd say rent it. You may actually like it. Especially if you haven't read the book Bringing Down The House. If you have read the book, I suggest you just re-read it, it will be more satisfying.

After the movie I played scrabble with monkey. She beat me by 3 points if you go by just raw score, but we're dorks and we play with a timer and there is a 10pt penalty for every minute you are over the allowed 25 minutes. She was over by 15 minutes, which very unlike her. Usually it is I, who am several minutes over. Afterwards she went to bed and I realized she was crying. She was upset because she wants to be "Good" at something. I tried to tell her she can't excel at something unless she puts time and effort into it, but I of course come off as a preaching dad and that is not how I want to be. She is borderline ADD just like me and that is a hard thing to overcome because it kind of fucks up any chance of any kind of routine because you can't do the same thing as yesterday if you can't remember yesterday or even think of yesterday.

I don't have much to say and typing is just kind of annoying right now so this is all you get.

PS- I hope they paid Kevin Spacey a lot of money for him to take such a small and non challenging role. He was certainly good at it, there just wasn't much to it.

No comments: