Sunday, March 02, 2008

Top Ten Favorite Movies

I was inspired by this postelizaskinner.net and by Wil Wheaton and his post about movies he has recently seen.

It was hard to come up with just ten movies. Even ignoring tons of movies I love I still managed to have a list of 16 movies. So here are the first ten I wrote down on the list.

1. Aliens- The first Sci-Fi movie that really kicked my ass. At least since seeing Star Wars at age 7.

2. Goodfellas- By far the best mob movie of all time. And I love me a mob movie.

3. A Bronx Tale- Speaking of which, this is the only mob movie I have watched more than Goodfellas. And the only mob movie starring Robert DeNiro where he does not play a mobster.

4. For the Love of the Game- Some how The Natural doesn't do it for me the way this movie does. And yes it's part chick flick but there is way more than enough baseball in there to get a guy's testosterone up.

5. Fight Club- Speaking of testosterone. I just watched this movie again last week and during the first half I just kept saying to myself "Oh My God, I forgot what a great movie this is!" Yes I was drunk at the time but it's still a great movie.

6. Breakfast Club- I was 15 when I saw this movie and I had never identified with characters more.

7. Crash- As soon as this movie was over I went back the main menu and pushed play.

8. The Commitments- I will admit that it didn't move me as much the second time I saw it but still worthy of the list.

9. Full Metal Jacket- Platoon, may or may not be a better movie, but definitely not more quotable.

10. Hook- Because I am a guy and all guys secretly want to be Peter Pan.

Now if my friend's read this list the first thing they would want to know is, "Where the fuck is Ocean's Eleven?" Because it technically is still my favorite movie. And is, by far, the movie I have quoted most often in the last 7 years. But as I said I just was going to list the first 10 I wrote down on paper.

But now that we are here the other six are:

Run Lola Run- The best rarely seen movie

Remember the Titans- Yes I'm a softie. I guess I should list The Miracle here also.

The Shawshank Redemption- Not only one of my favorite movies but also one of the best movies of all time.

Stand By Me- Because we never have better friends than the friends we had when we were twelve.

The Patriot- You thought an epic Mel Gibson movie wasn't going to make the list? This one barely edged out Braveheart.

Feel free to leave me your list in the comments.

No comments: