Thursday, May 24, 2007

I hate me.

Today it was combination of ADD and just plain stupidity. I am sitting, typing into my phone, at an intermittent standstill on I55. Trying to go 4 miles. There is no reason for me to be here. I worked last night at the hospital and slept in the call room because I was dead tired and I wanted to avoid traffic. I find that funny now. I oversleep. I have vague recollection of shutting off the alarm at noon. I wake up at 5p. Fuck. I decide to eat at Outback which is 6-7 miles from the hospital. I figure I can hang out at the bookstore after that until it is time to go to work. There is street that would taken me in a straight line and put me less than mile from the restaurant. But I thought hey outback is closer to the expressway and r miles on the streets is 1w-20 min but 4 miles on the expressway is 4 in. Except in rush hour with construction you dumbass! I have been on the expressway for 45 minutes and have gone about 2 miles. If this keeps up I am going to be late for work and I have never left Joliet or my car for that matter. Signpost up ahead 1 1/4 miles to my exit. Only 20 min more.

I made it off I55 almost exactly 1 hour after I got on. It took me about 1 hour 15 min to go 6 or 7 miles a 20 min trip tops. I had a good steak at Outback and talked for about an hour to a crazy but cute drunk woman who had to tell me all about her pets.

And I made it to work on time.

So much for consolation prizes.

My first 2-3 hours at work sucked ass, but I have no desire to tell that story.

No comments: